Our programs are provided to two major groups: parishes and institutions. The programs are tailored to the specific needs of each group. The parish participants consist of the parishes of the Archdiocese of Boston, the Diocese of Springfield, and the Diocese of Fall River, and include their cemetery operations, schools and central services.
Our institutional participants consist of other Catholic organizations not owned by the Archdiocese of Boston, the Diocese of Springfield, or Diocese of Fall River, although they may be affiliates. These institutions include independent Catholic schools, hospitals, nursing homes, social service agencies and religious orders. Any Catholic institution may become a member and take advantage of the savings and services of the MCSIG if they are a Catholic organization operating within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
In addition to highly competitive pricing, members are also eligible to benefit from favorable loss experience through dividends. The Group has declared and distributed dividends for each of the last twelve years. These dividends have returned more than $30 million to its members.
Some of the advantages of membership in the Group include:
- A workers’ compensation team that is tailored to the issues and needs of Catholic organizations and their unique employee/employer relationships
- Access to the full range of services provided by the ORM, including professional claims and litigation management oversight
- Eligibility to receive dividends
- Loss control training and services at no additional cost
- Premiums may be paid via electronic fund transfer
Please contact Joseph McEnness for more information, or fill out and submit a New Participant Request Form. A quote and additional information regarding the services of the Group will be provided upon request.
Participation can occur at any time during the year.